Job Posting Mobile Shower Coordinator
Contract – $20 per hour – 5 to 10 hours per week (based in Burnaby, BC)
About Us: The Society To End Homelessness In Burnaby has been established by the multi-stakeholder Burnaby Task Force On Homelessness to build sustainability, to provide leadership in the reduction and ultimately, resolution of homelessness in Burnaby. The Burnaby Task Force On Homelessness continues as an activity within the Society.
We operate 2 weekly drop-in Outreach Resource Centres (ORC) for individuals experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness in Burnaby. They receive free help such as nutritious meals, clothing, foot care, medical attention, housing and social services referrals, hygiene and other necessities. The people who attend the centres live in deep poverty and rely upon us to meet their basic needs. With the added challenges of a global pandemic, times have been especially hard for the people we serve. We now serve 150% more guests at our ORCs than we used to at the beginning of the pandemic.
The Mobile Shower Coordinator will:
- Oversee operations of a 2 stall mobile shower trailer unit which will be situated at Southside Community Church and will be open to our homeless population for a few hours each week. To start we would have it opened during the flagship Outreach Resource Centre (ORC) every Thursday and as the need and popularity increases, we can open it to other days and/or locations. Includes set-up the oversight of volunteers and peers.
- Provide a safe and clean space for our homeless population to have a hot shower and to distribute hygiene / comfort kits.
- Keep clear records of our mobile shower users for statistics.
- Deliver regular reports to the Executive Director on weekly operations.
Priorities will be given to applicants who:
- Comfortable with working in a low barrier setting;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Current Driver’s License; use of vehicle an asset
- Knowledge of greywater disposal (pumper truck)
Reporting Structure: The Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director, Carol-Ann Flanagan
Start date: December 2021
End date: August 2022
(please include a current resume and cover letter)
Questions: Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Task Force To End Homelessness in Burnaby
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview