Thank You Outreach Christmas 2020!
Thank you to all our sponsors, donors, and volunteers for a safe and successful Christmas Outreach event for 2020!
Our Christmas ORC 2020 took place on Thursday on Dec. 17, 2020 from 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM at Southside Community Church. We were able to serve our ORC guests a hot pancake breakfast, followed by delicious burgers by the Burnaby Firefighters for lunch.
We would like to especially thank all of our volunteers and donors who donated and helped us assemble the gifts and comfort kits we were able to distribute to our guests this morning.
ORC guests were treated to a special appearance by Santa and were able to receive a keepsake polaroid with Santa.
Special Thank Yous to:
- Southside Community Church always for the use of their facilities for our ORCs as well clothing from their clothing drive which included sleeping bags for our guests
- Sts. Nicolas & Dimitrios Greek Community Church for providing the delicious hot lasagna for our ORC Christmas lunch
- St. Alban’s Anglican Church for providing the sandwiches and fruit for a nutritious packed lunch to go for our guests
- The Burnaby Primary Care Network for providing us with a Nurse Practitioner and RNs for our weekly ORCs as well as donations of PPE and Haircuts for our guests
- Karolyn Iverson and her Grade 6/7 Class from Inman School who donated 30+ bags of cold weather clothing as well as reusable Starbucks cups in addition to cheque donations. Their students also made Christmas cards for our ORC guests.
- Willingdon Church for providing warm clothing for our guests from their clothing drive as well as the donation of additional two tents for the ORC
- Greg Cecchi and Dean Valdecantos with the Edmonds Youth Leadership who put together and delivered comfort kits for our ORC guests
- The Levra Foundation grant for making the Piano Family’s gifts
- Tonia from BC Hydro Engineering Department for collecting toiletries for the most vulnerable
- The Burnaby Firefighters for making our weekly food bank deliveries
- Mayor Hurley and family for making a donation of sandwiches and fruit snacks for our ORC guests