Questionnaire for Burnaby Candidates in Provincial Election
BURNABY – The Society To End Homelessness In Burnaby provides leadership, collaborative planning and services towards the reduction and ultimately, resolution of homelessness in Burnaby. The Burnaby Task Force On Homelessness continues as the diverse and collaborative strategic planning table of the Society.
“The Society To End Homelessness In Burnaby believes that safe and affordable housing
is a crucial issue which impacts Burnaby citizens at the core of our existence. Housing is a primary issue for this provincial election,” reports Wanda Mulholland, Society Coordinator.
In preparation for the upcoming Provincial Election, The Society To End Homelessness In Burnaby has compiled a questionnaire for distribution to all candidates seeking to represent Burnaby in the legislature.
On April 11 the questionnaire will be posted in the News section of the Society website.
On April 14 all responses received from the candidates will also be posted in the News section of the Society website.
Questionnaire for Provincial Candidates 2017
- What is your party’s position on addressing homelessness in British Columbia?
- Does your party plan to establish a provincial housing strategy to address the growing affordable housing crisis in British Columbia? Please provide an explanation and key actions that your party would take.
- What is your party’s plan to establish a poverty reduction program in BC?
- If elected, what resources would your party allocate to increase the supply of affordable and core need housing stock in British Columbia, the Lower Mainland and specifically to Burnaby?
- If elected, what resources would your party allocate to prevent the loss of existing affordable housing from conversions, demolitions or serious deterioration?
- If elected what strategies and resources would your party commit to the prevention of homelessness amongst those at risk such as low income earners, youth exiting the foster care system?
- What strategies and resources would your party commit to assist low income earners to overcome barriers such as to improved employment, better health and resource access?
- If elected, what resources would your party allocate to ensure people without homes have access to appropriate emergency shelter and supports in their home community?
- If elected, what resources will your party commit to Burnaby to address the challenges for Burnaby citizens who are dealing with homelessness?
- If elected, what will your party do to ensure that short term/transitional housing is established in Burnaby specifically for people who are dealing with homelessness? What time frame?