The Burnaby Task Force On Homelessness has compiled this questionnaire for distribution
to all candidates seeking to federally represent Burnaby in the House of Commons.
The results from this questionnaire will be posted on our website
Please answer the following questions:
1) What is your party’s position on addressing homelessness?
2) Does your party plan to establish a national housing strategy to address the growing housing crisis in Canada?
Please provide an explanation
3) If elected what resources would your party allocate to increase the supply of affordable and core need housing stock in Canada, the Lower Mainland and to Burnaby?
4) If elected what resources would your party allocate to prevent the loss of existing affordable housing from conversions, demolitions, or serious deterioration?
5) If elected what strategies and resources would your party commit to the prevention of homelessness among those at risk such as low income earners?
6) What strategies and resources would your party commit to assist low income earners overcome barriers such as to improved employment, better health and resource access?
7) If elected what resources would your party allocate to ensure people without homes have access to appropriate emergency shelter and supports in their home community?
8) If elected what resources will your party commit to Burnaby to address the challenges for Burnaby citizens who are dealing with homelessness?
9) If elected what will your party do to ensure that short term/transitional housing is established in Burnaby specifically for people who are dealing with homelessness?
10) Given that the current federal homeless initiatives are not based on stable or ongoing funding, what would your party and you as an individual do to ensure stable ongoing funding to homeless initiatives that address current homelessness and prevent future homelessness?