The Society To End Homelessness In Burnaby is pleased to announce that we have been granted charitable status for our work on behalf of the homeless.
Our charitable tax number is: 80329 5799 RR0001
Your help is greatly needed to sustain our work assisting individuals or families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless by operating and maintaining programs and facilities that provide basic necessities such as food and seasonal clothing, and also access services that assist people obtain shelter, financial support and health care, and other necessities towards addressing their needs.
Your donation can assist in the following ways:
- $8 will purchase one comfort kit (socks, toiletries, sustaining food (fruit & nut bars, granola bars, etc.), and basic necessities in a carry bag).
- These comfort kit items are augmented with donated items when available.
- $12 will purchase 10 pairs of men’s socks
- $15 will purchase 10 toques or 10 gloves
- $50 will purchase a one week supply of nutritional fruit or veggies for the approximately 120 people who attend the Outreach Resource Centre
- $50 will purchase 25 waterproof shells
- $60 will purchase 28 one-zone compass tickets
- $100 will purchase plates, cutlery, cups, juice, granola bars for one week at the Outreach Resource Centre
- $200 will purchase 100 deodorant
- $500 will purchase 238 one-zone compass tickets
- $800 will purchase 100 comfort kits- socks, toiletries, food, and basic necessities
There are various ways to support us financially:
2. Cheque made out to and mailed to: The Society To End Homelessness In Burnaby
Mailing address: PO Box 54662 Highgate PO Burnaby, British Columbia V5E 4J6
3. E-transfer: Email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Remember us when you are preparing your will i.e.: by naming us as a beneficiary of your RRSP or leaving us a gift.
5. Donate Publicly Traded Securities. If you have publicly traded shares that would generate a substantial taxable gain if you sold, please consider donating shares to The Society To End Homelessness in Burnaby. You will receive a tax receipt for the full market value of the shares. Please call (604) 200 0712 for further information.
The Society To End Homelessness In Burnaby provides tax receipts for all donations over $10.
Our Privacy Commitment
We value our donors and will not sell, share or trade your personal information. The Society To End Homelessness In Burnaby is committed to respecting the privacy of our donors. All information collected is confidential. We will not share, sell, rent or lease your personal information to other organizations. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of The Society To End Homelessness In Burnaby and only to further the purposes of our organization.
Thank you so much for your support.
If you wish to donate items, please:
- Call our Society Coordinator Carol-Ann Flanagan at (778) 888-0977 to arrange a time for donation drop off, or
- Drop off at the Southeast District Community Police Office
Address: 7191 Arcola Way, Burnaby BC (behind Highgate)
Phone: (604) 656-3275